Over the Weekend!

When we went to the midwife on Friday. The nurse told us that Candace's blood work was fine and everything was looking great. Candace finally found out what her blood type was, and it's O positive. She will be 13 weeks by Monday. The baby's fingerprints have already formed, and the veins and organs are visible. The body is starting to catch up with its head. Our baby is almost 3 inches long, and weighs nearly an ounce. The heart rate was 140 beats per minute. We are so excited for this baby to come.

Later on in the day I had a soccer game against Averett University. The first time we played them we lost 5-0 on Friday it was a different story. It was physical game. We gave up a penalty kick in the first 3 minutes of the game. I was thinking to my self: not again. We fought hard throughout the game and within 20 minutes I scored a goal.
They started putting the pressure on once we scored the first goal. The second came from a set piece that Derrick put in the box. It was pinging around right by the goal and somehow it went up in the air. I looked up and the ball seemed like it was up there forever and I was thinking that I better not miss the ball. It came down and before it hit the ground I volleyed the ball into the goal.
Kissing the wedding ring to show my love to my wife.

It was almost half time and it was 2-1 us with about 15 seconds left in the first half. Nelson played a ball into the open area and I ran up to it and beat the last defender. I was all by myself and only had to beat the goalkeeper. I looked up at my options and I saw he was off his line and was thinking of chipping the ball over him, but I decided to shoot on the left side and once I did that, it was in the back of the net again.
The score at half time was 3-1. The second half they scored two more goals to tie the match up. We had plenty of chances to score but we didn't put it in until Josh PatiƱo scored with 5 minutes left in the game.
This game was very important because it determined if we would go to nationals this year.
Taking on one of their players

Comments

azHarline said…
Congrats on your big game! You play with your ring on? Thats cute. Glad to hear things are going good with the baby and Candace. I miss you guys.

Popular Posts