Thanksgiving Break

For the Thanksgiving break we went to Washington DC to visit my family. We left Wednesday night and arrived around 8 pm. The next day we started making the food and it was a lot of fun. We had two turkeys: one baked and the other deep fried. We had about nine different dishes and five desserts. We were supposed to eat around 4:30 but if you know latinos then you know that we never show up on time so we stated eating about 5:30 p.m. They were 24 people that came to eat turkey and some more people showed up later. We had a good time and are thankful that the Garcia's invited us over to their place. Here is a pic of where we ate.

Because we were in DC we decided to look for for a co-sleeper on Craigslist and we found one. They usually sell for about 180 bones but we only paid 60 bucks. It was a bargain. Here is the picture of the co-sleeper.

One of my relatives has this boss that she works for, and she was telling me that they had a baby about 9 months ago and had some stuff that they wanted to give away. She went to see what she had and they found a stroller. So we got a stroller for free. I decided to look how much it was and it is about $300. It's a Pre-Perego Pliko P3. I definitely is a blessing to get the stroller for free. These are they only two things that we have for the baby but it's a start, and little by little we will be ready for the baby to come.
Front View

Side View
Candace and I are doing well. We only have two weeks of school and then finals. It's crunch time for both of us. Candace is doing well during this pregnancy. She hasn't had any problems, so that's good. Candace is 20 weeks and this is the time that we can find out if it's a boy or a girl but we are going to keep it a surprise. We saw a lot of baby stuff on black Friday and wanted to get some things but we are not sure what we are having. We did go shopping on black Friday and we got a lot of stuff like some presents for the family (I can't say because I don't want to ruin the surprise). Candace and I bought some movies, a vacuum, slow cooker, feather pillow, a jacket for her, and some board games. We just went to Walmart. On Saturday we went to the temple. It was nice to go. We try to make it a goal to go once a month. The temple is three hours away from us, so sometimes it's difficult. It was a good weekend and it's always good to get out of Buena Vista.

Comments

azHarline said…
I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I still wish I could meet that side of the family. Are you going to tell me what you are having? I think you should because I am your only sister/sibling. I won't tell anyone promise. Your stroller looks nice. I miss you guys. Hope its not too long before I see you guys, although I know that it probably will be.
Motherhood & ME said…
i love the stroller i am soo jealous i really wanted one like this from the start!!! congrats and seriously you should just tell us!!!! please!!!
Motherhood & ME said…
i love the stroller i am soo jealous i really wanted one like this from the start!!! congrats and seriously you should just tell us!!!! please!!!

Popular Posts