Happy Birthday Emery!

Emery turned one on the 7th!! I was in California with my family for my grandpa's funeral, so it didn't turn out quite the way we planned, but Emery still enjoyed her day.
Here is a picture of her at the start of the day

I started off by making her breakfast (potatoes, scrambled eggs with cheese, toast with Nutella), and she definitely liked it, especially the Nutella. My sister gave her some Chapstick to destroy. She put it all over herself and dug her little finger in there until it was all gone. She had more fun with that then she would've with any expensive toy I could've bought for her.
I also took her around on my parent's golf cart around the ranch, which she loves. She loves being outside and she liked looking at everything and feeling the breeze. It would put her to sleep every time I took her on it.
When we were done with that, my mom had some brownies in a pan that she let Emery go to town on. She climbed right up on the table and dug right in.


She also had fun playing with a bucket of water that had some peeled potatoes in it, and in the sink. She would let the water run and fill up bowls and cups with water and then try to drink from them.
She is such a fun, smart girl, and it has been so great getting to know her personality over this past year. I can't wait for many more years with my favorite little girl.

Comments

Rose said…
I love how kids are so easily entertained :) Happy Birthday Emery!
Cheryl said…
Happy Birthday to Emery!
It's so crazy that it's been a year.
jlmess said…
I wanted to send her a wrapped box with a bow and packing peanuts inside. Because little kids usually don't care about the present, just the wrappings. But I worried that might also be considered rude.

Popular Posts