Life With Two

We've made it through the first 3 weeks with two kids! It's definitely doable, but it is more work with less sleep. It hasn't been too crazy, but then again I have only had to take care of the two of them by myself for a week now, since Cisco was there for the first week and my mom was there the second week.
I haven't taken as many pictures of Shane as I have of Emery, so I'm trying to make it a point to take pictures of him. I'm sure by our last kid we will be too busy to take any pictures.
Here is Shane after his first bath. He took it like a champ. He just sat there and looked around while I cleaned him off. That is pretty much how he is all day though. He is really calm and barely cries at all. It is nice to have such a calm baby so that I have more time with Emery.
It was wonderful to have my mom come to visit and help us out. I didn't have to clean or make meals, and she prepared some more meals for us after she left. She read about a million books to Emery while she was here. She also would wash the dishes with Emery sitting in the sink washing along with her. Emery would be in there for 30 min to an hour every day washing the same couple of dishes over and over. I'm sure Emery misses having her grandma around to play with.
While my mom was here she got me started on some Korean TV show on Netflix. There are 25 episodes that are over an hour long each, so I have something to keep me entertained for a little while.
Emery decided to experiment with grandma's makeup. My mom let her play with her closed tube of mascara, thinking she wouldn't be able to unscrew it, but she figured out how to do it. I guess Emery saw her putting it on her eyelashes so she had to copy her. (Notice our blue kitchen in the background...It grows on you.)

Here is Shane in his blessing outfit. My mom got him the outfit, and Cisco's mom made his little blanket. We blessed him after church last Sunday so that my mom could be there. It was nice to have just a small group of family and friends there with us, and Cisco gave a really special blessing for the little guy.



Comments

Popular Posts