Halloween

Both of the kids ended up having 2 costumes this year because it is so dang hot here! We had a Halloween-themed family reunion with Cisco's family the week before Halloween in a park during the day. The temps were in the 90's, so there was no way I was dressing them up in fuzzy full-body costumes.
Cisco's mom made her that little tutu the night before, so we dressed her up as some type of little fairy. Emery loved getting her makeup done. She kept asking for more and laid so still while I put it on her. Some treats may or may not have been involved in helping her lay so still. She loved her costume and surprisingly kept it on all day at the park.
I made Shane's pumpkin outfit. The Jack-o-lantern is just electrical tape that I cut, and I made some felt leaves and sewed them on to a green hat and tied the top with some string for a stem. I thought it was pretty good for a 5 minute costume. I asked Cisco to take some picture of the kids in their costumes before we left and this is the only one he took. I think it's hilarious. I don't know what was going on, but it cracks me up.
I left my makeup bag unattended for a second and she grabbed my mascara and put that mark above her left eye. I already had her makeup done, so instead of trying to take off the black mark without removing the other makeup, I put a matching black mark on the other side. I was hoping it would look intentional.

Yesterday we took Emery trick-or-treating, and I actually really enjoyed it, probably as much as Emery did. It was a little bit cooler last night so we didn't feel bad dressing them in their warm costumes. Emery went as a bear (got it at DI for $2. score.), and Shane was a caterpillar that we borrowed from a friend of ours. We took them in the stroller around our neighborhood and got quite a bit of candy. We would take her out and have her walk up to the door to get her candy. It was so cute to see her walk around in her bear costume. She got so much candy her pumpkin was starting to get heavy for her, so we dumped some in the stroller and kept going. I loved seeing her walk up to each door and hold out her pumpkin. After she got candy she would wave and say bye to everyone. Maybe next year we'll get her to say "trick or treat". Shane slept for most of the time, but even then people asked if he wanted candy too. Nice to offer, but I think we'll hold off on feeding the 2 month old candy. haha.
My cute little caterpillar



Hope you all had a great Halloween too!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
They are both too cute! We miss you guys and wish we could have gone trick-or-treating with you...
Cheryl said…
Such cute pictures! Emery is getting so big and her hair is getting long!

Popular Posts