Trip to CA


We got to California this past weekend. We wanted to get in one last trip to visit my parents before we had to start paying for Emery's plane ticket. We got a great deal on a rental car, and we had some credit with Southwest, so we used it up on this trip. Cisco was able to get a couple days off work, so it all worked out perfectly.
On Friday we hung out with our family and Emery had a great time, as usual. She loves her family and being out on my parent's farm. Friday night we got to go play soccer with a bunch of friends from SVU that were there for Melanee and Dax's wedding the next day. It was so good to see everyone again and play like old times. :)
On Saturday my family watched the kids for us so we could go see the Hunger Games, and go out to lunch. It was nice having some kid-free time to ourselves, and the movie was awesome. Saturday night we went to Mel and Dax's reception. It was such a nice reception and they looked great, and so in love. :) It was fun getting to see more friends and spending time with them. I wish I had taken more pictures of everyone, but I'm so bad at that!

The beautiful bride and Emery



The first dance

Some of the boys

Not too happy about picture taking

Emery with attitude
Shane enjoyed the party

We finished off the weekend by going to church on Sunday and more family time.
On Monday Cisco had a job interview, and I went to visit some good friends for breakfast. As soon as his interview was done we took off for Fairfield and met up with Jessica and Ricky Messmann. We went to the Jelly Belly factory and hung out with them there. It's always a delightful experience with the Messmann's, and Emery definitely loved all the jelly bean samples.

I was so glad we were able to see so many good friends this short weekend.
It was a perfect weekend, and we were so glad to fit in all that we did.

On the way to the airport

Emery with her Mickey Mouse that she LOVES

Shane rolling a water bottle around at the airport. I'm glad it kept him entertained for a while.

Comments

Elizabeth said…
That is so great that you were able to see so many SVU people. I miss SVU. I wish I could have gone to Melanee and Dax's reception! Emery and Shane are so adorable by the way.

Popular Posts