Graham's Birth Story told by Francisco

38 weeks and still you were not here. I was like come on boy/girl, hurry up. We did not know what we were having. Emery was born at 38 weeks and Shane was born at 39 weeks. You came right when you were ready.
It was March 11 at 1:50 am when your mother woke me up, she said..."I think I'm going into labor,” then I went back to bed and closed my eyes and tried to go back to bed. Finally, when I realized I jumped out of bed and got happy because I knew that you were coming. I was thinking that in about 5-6 hours you would be out. I started doing the dishes and cleaning the house because the midwife was coming and we wanted to make a good impression. I started pumping up the birthing tub and filling it with water. Your mother finally got into the water and she was listening to her hypnobabies Cd’s. I asked her what I could do and she just told me to put pressure on her lower back.
Finally the doorbell rang and it was the student who was going to observe. It was her first birth that she has attended. She really didn't know what to do and what was going on. Luckily you were our third baby so I kind of knew what was going on. Candace told me that she just wanted me to keep pushing on her lower back. During this process she said that she felt your head and that you were about to come out. I did not think that you would come out so fast because it was only a couple of hours. I think she had pushed about 3 or 4 times and then your mother said... “hey little guy.' I was like WHAT!!! He can't be here already. Then she pulled you up from the water and then I was very proud of her. I could not believe that you were actually here. I was so happy to finally to meet you. The student started taking pictures and then I asked her "What time is it?" She said 3:27 am. I was proud to meet you and call you my son. Candace was also very happy to finally meet you, and I stated to get misty in my eyes.
About 13 minutes later the other Dr. finally showed up. I think it was about 4:15 the other Midwife/ Dr. finally showed up. I guess you can call your mother the Dr. since she delivered you. We were like, it is not a big deal. We are happy to have you in our lives and cannot wait for the adventure to start.

Comments

Unknown said…
I almost cried!! That is so awesome! And you are crazy brave Candace !! I can't wait to meet him!

Popular Posts